“I will do my best to be: Honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, and responsible for what I say and do, and to respect myself and others, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Girl Scout.”
The Girl Scout group of Venice Hongwanji Buddhist Temple is Girl Scout Troop 5325. The troop consists of girls 3rd grade and older and is divided into different groups and ranks. All the girls work towards goals to earn various badges.
Some of the activities of the troop include trips, crafts, temple activities, fund raisers, and singing songs. Activities that help the community include visiting the Keiro Home and other nursing homes, as well as other local community event projects.
Next Meetings: May 5, May 12 Court of Awards May 19
- Applications available for Camp Stuff n Such held July 28-Aug 2 at Burton Chase Park
- Juniors Boba Sale – May 12 – preorder on troop shutterfly page $4.50/ea
- Brownies Book-Raiser – collecting gently used or new children’s books to donate to “Milk & Bookies”
- Juniors are collecting used t-shirts and new pet supplies for their bronze award
- Court of Awards – May 19
- Relay for Life – June 7 – sign up to participate or volunteer on troop shutterfly page
- VJCC Summer Festival – sign up for shifts on troop shutterfly page
- Temple obon festival – July 19-20
- Updated Troop G-Calendar
- Flyers and Information
Annual Dues Payment:
- Pay your 2013-2014 annual Girl Scout dues (parent and each girl) utilizing your e-Biz account. Payment by credit card or debit card only through the Girl Scout Website.
- Recent and new members will need to create an e-Biz account. Instructions can be found on this link. You will utilize this account to process your annual registration electronically
- Upgrades made to system. You will need to create a new password. Daughter(s) account(s) will be linked to primary parent account.