“I will do my best to be: Honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, and responsible for what I say and do, and to respect myself and others, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Girl Scout.”
The Girl Scout group of Venice Hongwanji Buddhist Temple is Girl Scout Troop 5325. The troop consists of girls 2nd grade and older, which is divided into different groups and ranks. All the girls work towards goals to earn various badges.
Some of the activities of the troop include trips, crafts, temple activities, fund raisers, and singing songs. Activities that help the community include visiting the Keiro Home and other nursing homes, as well as other local community event projects.
Next meeting: May 20 - Court of Awards
- Pay your 2013-2014 annual Girl Scout dues via your e-biz account (see section below for instruction)
- Court of Awards May 20 – dress in full uniform – look for e-mail for food sign-ups
- Undergarment (bra) donation collection – support Relay for Life / American Cancer Society, May 18-19 @ WLA College
- Brownie Food Drive – bring non-perishable items to Court of Awards – May 20
- Brownie Sleepover Camp Training @ Temple 7:30 pm May 31 – June 1 8:30am (info/form at meeting)
- Camping Trip June 7-9 (info/form at meeting)
- Summer Festival June 22-23 @ Venice Japanese Community Center (VJCC) - shift sign-ups coming soon
- Train Trip to San Diego June 26 (info soon)
- July 27-28 mornings – wonton prep/making during temple’s obon festival
- Obon Festival July 27-28 @ Venice Hongwanji Buddhist Temple (VHBT) – shift sign-ups coming soon
- Camp Stuff ‘n’ Such July 29-August 2 @ Burton Chase Park, Marina del Rey (info/form at meeting)
- Updated Troop G-Calendar
- Flyers and Information
Annual Dues Payment:
- Pay your 2013-2014 annual Girl Scout dues (parent and each girl) utilizing your e-Biz account. Payment by credit card or debit card only through the Girl Scout Website.
- Recent and new members will need to create an e-Biz account. Instructions can be found on this link. You will utilize this account to process your annual registration electronically.
For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Girl Scouts USA, visit their web site.