Hello BCA Friends,
Thank you for your interest by attending our archives workshop and/or visiting the information table at National Council and Ministers’ Meetings in Phoenix.
We hope we were able to give you some ideas to take back to your temples to develop or expand your unique collections, or to consider donating to the BCA Collection at UCLA. Preservation of what was passed on to us and what we are experiencing are so important to leave to future generations.
Please note the following:
- We would like to expand the Archives and Historic Preservation committee to include BCA members from all districts. If you know of individuals interested in joining our committee, please send us their contact information. Appointment to the committee is at discretion of BCA President. Limited face-to-face committee meetings will be supplemented by teleconferences and communications via email to reduce travel expenses and time.
- Please visit our website for links to archival reference materials: https://vhbt.org/archival-resources/
- The video shown at National Council Meeting will be posted at the above website as soon as UCLA completes an improved closed caption version. We will also post periodic updates regarding the status of the collection at UCLA and other pertinent information regarding archiving at your temples or donating artifacts to UCLA.
- UCLA has requested that we temporarily hold off on submitting new donations until they have completed processing of the materials already transferred. In the interim, if you have materials that you are considering donating to UCLA, please make a list of items and send/email to us.
- Contact us by email for inquiries at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternately, we can be contacted by USPS (mail):
Los Angeles Betsuin
c/o Eiko Masuyama
815 E. First Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Sandy Saeki and Eiko Masuyama, Co-Chairs BCA Archives & Historic Preservation Committee